Did you know that...
- FAO considers that the integrated production system is the best in protecting crops, the prerequisite for sustainable farming growth and the most efficient process in reducing any risk from pesticides?
- The integrated production system is the only one which takes into consideration not only the environment but the protection of the farmers health and safety too, by strictly limiting the use of agrochemicals, yet allowing quality intensive production?
- More than 70% of the integrated production farms in Catalonia use techniques other than chemical to control the main pest threats, subsequently eliminating or minimizing the use of pesticides?
- In Catalonia there are more than 2.000 integrated production farms?
- In Catalonia more than 20% of the sweet fruit crops come from integrated production; 78% come from conventional and 0,5% from organic?
- In Catalonia there are more than 30,000 hectares devoted to integrated production?